In person or online, dive into these essential questions:
- During a typical school week, how much agency do students have?
- Does agency increase or decrease as students move from early grades to high school?
- How much agency do your teachers have each week?
- What are small steps your school could take to afford students and teachers more agency?
- Note that a senior exec of Apple Computer has stated, “We’ve determined that any employee that needs a boss is no longer employable.” Are your students prepared for this environment?